An un-hurried home assessment with our experienced hospice vet, Dr Susan Gregersen, DVM, MRCVS for any pet parent who is worried about pain or suffering in an ageing, terminal or generally ailing pet. This full evaluation includes:
· current Quality-of-Life evaluation & score (using a tailored, veterinary 6 point scoring system)
· help in deciding what determines if - or when - the "time is right"
· planning ahead for the future and what to expect as time passes with your pet's ailments
· prescription/dispensing of necessary, supportive medication (if any) upon agreement
· preparation to enter into our palliative care or hospice programme as below
· further tailored care plans specifically for your pet's ailments with available 24/7 home vet support to suit your pet's special needs and specific concerns. The two entry levels are:
1. Palliative Care/Early Hospice Care Plan (first month free - included in above QOL consultation fee)
2. Advanced Hospice Care & Support Plan (first week free - included in above QOL consultation fee)
· Please be aware this extended, un-hurried QOL consultation may result either in same day gentle two-step euthanasia, short term palliation - or enrolment onto a tailored Palliative or Hospice Care Plan (see above) as is agreed after an open discussion of all options.